CIS (Construction Industry Scheme)

CIS is administered by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) to regulate payments from contractors to subcontractors in the building industry.

You must register with HMRC as a CIS subcontractor if you’re self employed and agree to do construction work for a contractor.

To get your files in order for processing your Tax Return, Linda will require:

  • Details of all income including CIS payslips to reclaim any tax paid

  • Details of all business expenses such as tools, equipment, workwear, etc

  • Details of business travel during the financial year including details of and time spent on sites on which you have worked so that your mileage may be calculated

  • A copy of your MOT to qualify mileage