PAYE and Job Expenses

Pay-as-you-earn (PAYE) Amounts withheld are treated as advance payments of income tax due. We can reclaim the tax if you have qualifying expenses in Employment.

You can claim "Expenses in Employment" such as mileage. You need to have worked on more than one site in any given year (April to April) and you need to know how much the Employer paid you towards travel, we can claim the difference. You also need to have a copy of your MOT certificate to qualify your mileage.

You can also claim for Tools which are exclusively used to do your job, but you must have receipts. You can also claim for Workwear, again used exclusively to do your job, e.g. high viz gear, safety boots, etc. Again you must retain your receipts.

To get your files in order for processing your Tax Return, Linda will require:

  • Your P60 and/or P45 for the whole financial year

  • Details of all business expenses such as tools, equipment, workwear, etc

  • Details of business travel during the financial year

  • How much your employer paid you towards business travel for the year

  • A copy of your MOT to qualify mileage